Friday, August 22, 2014

Flight of the Vessel

Welcome, readers!

It has been awhile since I last reviewed a book, but here it is at last!

Part One: Flight of the Vessel (Vision Dream Series Book 1) by Robert Clifton Storey Jr.
Genre: epic YA Fantasy.


Set in a medieval fantasy world, the princess of Palzintine, Angelterra finds that on her nineteenth birthday, the peaceful existence she has always known is torn from her grasp, as the evil one took away her homeland and killed her family.

Angelterra and her young lady knight, Jeela, flee Palzintine and are constantly hunted by monstrous beasts and dark agents of the evil one, Shutharja. With no home, parents, and no thrown, Angelterra must stay strong and inspire her exiled people in order to keep hope alive, that they and their allies can resist the menace that threatens all the kingdoms of the world.

This fantasy has a religious theme, many feasts, and magic of both varieties. (Light and dark magic)

For a free eBook, this one is well written, and with all the hard names, I was impressed that there were no typos. Those who enjoy a good fantasy would surely enjoy this one, especially if they're into magic, strong and brave women, wizards, and a war between good and evil.

While reading, I often found myself wishing that history books could be written like this. Then I might have done better with American history in school...

Like other books, this one did lag throughout different parts of the story, (like history class) but you learn the history of many things in their world. For a while there, I seriously thought I would give this book a three out of five star rating. But then I reached the last few chapters...

Pretending that I was princess Angelterra while reading these last chapters, I was intrigued and hurt, but forgiving under the circumstances.

If you want to know why, you need to download the free eBook from amazon!

Like I mentioned earlier, I planned on giving it three stars, but things changed... I am giving Part One: Flight of the Vessel four out of five stars!


Now go read a good book!


Feel free to check out my book, Witch In The Woods in paperback on creatspace and Amazon!

Or get a sample chapter of my series on Smashwords!

Have a nook? My books are on the Barnes and Noble website too!

For the nook!

If you like my blog, please add me to your circles! I'll add you back.

Please like my author page on Facebook! Send me the link to your's and I'll return the favor.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and friend me on goodreads!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment