Thursday, July 3, 2014

Book Review: Exiled (The Protector, #1)

Welcome back!

Sorry there was no book review last week. I was caught up in reading Exiled by M.R. Merrick.



Another free book I got off on Amazon, the cover, (once again) grabbed me. The fire, the water, the half burnt tree... By the cover, I knew from the get-go it was a fantasy, and hopefully one with action!

I started reading it a while after I got it, having completely forgot what the book was about. I was also to lazy to look it up and read the synopsis, so I went into it blind, which I don't normally do.

When I began reading this book, I knew one thing that I wanted for sure. Action! It did not disappoint.

This book is about Chase Williams, a young demon hunter who was exiled from the Circle with him mom, on his 15th birthday, because he had no elemental power. Those jerks.

Chase has spent the last two years without the Circle's protection, fighting off half demons who've come kill him personally, and helping his mom pay the rent for their shabby apartment. One night, after meeting a frightened and innocent demon, Chase learns that the Circle no longer stays true to their oath to protect the innocent. They have a new, more sinister agenda.

To be honest, this book surprised me. I was not expecting it to be this good! I was on the fence on how many stars to give it. In the end, I decided to give it four stars instead of the full five, because Chase seems to have a problem doing what he's told.
"Don't make a deal with this guy." He does anyway.
"Consult me before you do this." Nope again.
"Don't be rude to him." What? Chase didn't hear ya.

Other than that little issue, the book was great! I recommend it to anyone looking for an action packed, fire filled YA fantasy, with silver daggers, magic, and blood! Oh yes, I said blood! (It's a vampires' dream!)

Happy reading everyone!

Please check out my series Witch In The Woods on AmazonBarnes and Noble, and Smashwords!
With the code SSW50 you can get my books 50% on Smaswords! The sale lasts all of July!

Don't forget to follow me, I follow back!
Please like my Facebook page!
Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Goodreads!

1 comment: