Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Peculiar Review for Peculiar Children

It's about time we young adults got a book with pictures!

Hello, everyone!
I am pretty sure you have seen this book around!



If you haven't, well you are in for a treat! Or maybe not. You don't know what I am rating this book yet.

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Rigs is full of secrets, creepily beautiful antique photos, and of course, peculiar children!

In the book we follow Jacob, a teenage boy from a rich family, who has one friend (not really), and a grandpa, who told him the most amazing stories when he was a child. (I believe you grandpa!) After tragedy ensues, Jacob finds he must go to the island where his grandfather grew up, leading him to an abandoned orphanage and peculiar pictures. Upon further investigation, Jacob discovers that the children from the photos, may still be alive...

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars! Why? Because I found it refreshing to read something different and does not have an over used plot, (i.e. Twilight) but still has everything you could possibly want in a Young Adult novel.

If you are looking for a book that has secrets to uncover, humor, and will creep you out in the middle of the night, (because you could have sworn you just saw the shadow of a Hollowgast, and had to have your older sister go downstairs with you because its dark, just so you can get some allergy meds), then this book is for you!

This book was very enjoyable, and I am crawling out of my skin to get my hands on the sequel!

It was hard to put down!

Before I go, I shall leave you with some quotes from the book:

“When someone won't let you in, eventually you stop knocking.” -Jacob's Father

“How many times have I told you? Polite persons do not take supper in the nude.” -Miss Peregrine

“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.” -Jacob

1 comment:

  1. About half way through this book and I am lovin it! Sooooo gooood!

    ReplyDelete