Friday, May 9, 2014

The Eye of Divinity!

Good day, readers!

I have recently read a book called, 'Knights: The Eye of Divinity' by Robert E. Keller. It is the first in a series, and you can find it for free on Amazon if you are interested.

It is about a young boy named Lannon who lives in a valley with his sick, crazy father and ill-tempered mother, before three knights arrive looking for new recruits. By sight, they see that Lannon is scrawny, and is not knightly material. But then they discover that Lannon has a gift; one so powerful and rare, that it could save the kingdom of Dremlock from the goblins and the Deep Shadow, which threaten to destroy the legendary kingdom. Lannon possesses the Eye of Divinity. (I was very relieved when Lannon was recruited, because his father was bipolar and his mother liked to complain about how she is the only one who works. This was the best thing that ever could have happened to boy.)

The knights take Lannon back to Dremlock to become a squire, and learn how to unlock the Eye in order to save the kingdom. Along with his friends, Lannon discovers that not even Dremlock in safe from the Deep Shadow, which has infected the hearts and minds of those around them, making them question if anyone in Dremlock can be trusted.




I know it's a good book when it engages me enough to suddenly start talking to the characters, as if I am their conscience that they never listen to. "That's not a good idea Lannon, don't do it... You did it! Why didn't you listen to me?!" Meanwhile my mom is sitting next to me on the couch, probably thinking I'm insane.

My favorite characters were Furlus and Taris, the tower masters and two of the three knights that recruited Lannon. I envisioned the dwarf and wizard as the Gimli and Legolas duo in this series.
Cordus, the third knight, and also the Lord Knight, would probably be Aragorn.

I give this book four out of five stars, and I cant wait to read the next in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good fantasy.


Thanks for reading my book review! I know you all are probably wondering about my own book, and how it is coming along. My mom and I are a little over half way through the editing. We would have been almost finished with it by now, but this last week was pretty crazy! However, we should have it done sometime in the next week!

Before I leave, I thought I would inform you all that next week I will put up another post, revealing the cover art as well as the release date for Clearly's Corruption! The wait is almost over! See you all next time.

2 comments:

  1. Is that what you were talking too? Lol! Gonna check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reviews that show that the reviewer has actually read the material they are talking about. You did a beautiful job on this one. Excellent! Love, G'ma B

    ReplyDelete