Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Job From Hell!

Welcome back!

Today I am reviewing the young adult, paranormal romance, A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott.


I found this book on Goodreads! What lured me in was the cover. Yes, I unfortunately do pick my next read based on the covers. Unless I read what the book is about first. Then the cover doesn't matter. (Are any of you buying that?)

The first book in the Ancient Legends series, the cover alone promises an exciting paranormal read! The name tells me it's about a girl, who obviously takes a job, unknowing that her employer is of the paranormal himself! Between the cover and the title, I instantly thought: "Ooo! Maybe her employer is a demon!'
Was that too presumptuous of me? Nah...

Amber goes to Scotland to start a summer job, and once she sets eyes on her employer, (expecting an old rich man, he turns out to be a young sexy one), her fate is sealed. She enters Aidan's deadly world one night when lost in the woods, unknowingly entering a race and winning the prize... One worth killing for. Now the only chance Amber has to make her life go back to normal, is to enter the Otherworld. However, in order to do that, Amber must die...

Sounds like a demon thing, right? Well, I must say that I was a little disappointed to find out that it was just another story about vampires. Despite that fact, I thought the over all story was pretty good. According to Goodreads reviews, people either love it or they hate it. This is what set me apart from them: I didn't love it, nor did I hate it. I liked it. I do think vampires are a bit played out theses days, but Jayde Scott did a good job. The vampire fan girl in me still clings to life!

Out of five stars, I give it three, for it was misleading... If I had known it was about vampires when I picked it up, I am sure I would have given it a different rating.

I recommend this book to those who are looking for a vampire, paranormal romance, where the main character isn't sulking or begging to become a creature of the night. Finally, someone who appreciates their family, sunlight, and eating steak!

Happy reading everyone!

Check out my books on these awesome sites!

My books on Amazon!

My books on Barnes & Noble!

My books on Smashwords!

Friend me on Goodreads!
Come like my Facebook  page, and follow me on Twitter! I follow back!


No comments:

Post a Comment